This Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bar is a delicious treat. They are thick and chewy, filled with sweet chocolate chips, and are perfect for any occasion. The bonus is that they are very easy to make!
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
If you like oatmeal cookies then you will love these bars! Good, big pieces are completely chewable and there is plenty of chocolate in every bite. We use both chocolate chips and chocolate chunks for the best texture. The chips melt in the bar while the chunks give you chocolate bites. They are irresistible.
This is a recipe that is brought on potlucks and picnics and is always accompanied by rave reviews. Just try them on your next move; They will disappear from the table fast!
How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
The hardest part of making oatmeal chocolate chip bars is waiting for them to cool down. They smell so good that you want to cut them immediately! But if you want a bar with cleanly cut edges, you will need to be a little patient and wait until it cools down.
- mix together: Mash the butter and sugar, then add the remaining wet ingredients.
- dry ingredients: Add all the dry ingredients at once and mix them by hand.
- Prepare Pan: Strain thick batter into a baking dish and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake: Now bake until the bars are golden.
Many ways to enjoy Oatmeal Bars
This is a super simple dessert recipe and is great when you are cooking with kids or reducing on time.
- Chocolate: Use white chocolate chips and chunks.
- Coconut: Pour sh cup of chopped coconut in the batter.
- Raisins: Mix in 1 cup raisins.
- Cinnamon: Add a teaspoon of cinnamon for some spices.
- cocoa powder: Mix c cups of cocoa powder in the batter for a truly chocolatey feel.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
If everyone is left with dessert, they make an excellent sweet breakfast treat. We like to enjoy them with a cup of hot coffee! Once these bars are completely cooled, they are kept in a covered container at room temperature.
- How long do these bars last? Chocolate chip oatmeal bars will keep tasting fresh for about 3 days.
- Freezing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars: These bars freeze very well. Cut them into bars, then freeze them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Once they are frozen, place them in a freezer container and store them for three months.
I love how easy dessert bars are to make like me Mom’s Nanaimo Bars. These bars are perfect for any special occasion, feeding a crowd after breakfast at school or a quick dessert. Try these delicious cookie bars today!
Butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer Till light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
Transfer the batter to a baking dish and gently press it from top to bottom so that it is smooth. Top with a reserve of cups of both chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes if using a 9 × 13 inch pan or using a 9 × 9 inch pan. If you shake the pan, the edges should be golden and not in the middle. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Calorie364Kilo calories (18%)Carbohydrate43Yes (14%)Protein5Yes (10%)fat20Yes (31%)Saturated fat12Yes (60%)Trans fat1YesCholesterol56Milligram (19%)Sodium298Milligram (12%)Potassium138Milligram (4%)Fiber2Yes (8%)sugar24Yes (27%)Vitamin aIs 420IU (8%)vitamin C1Milligram (1%)Calcium43Milligram (4%)iron2Milligram (1 1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brand you use, measuring methods and portion sizes at home.