Churu Cheesecake bars are quick and tasty. It has a flaky crispy base, creamy center and topped with cinnamon and sugar, divine!
The Best Churro Cheesecake
These are epic! I made a recipe with some shortcuts so you can put these incredible squares in the oven in 20 minutes. Perfect for speeding when you crave one, or when you need a divine dessert! I use refrigerated crescent flour for the base, which turns out to be flaky, creamy and super tasty. Next, you will add a quick and easy cheesecake filling. Do it all with that classic cinnamon and sugar combo and you have the winning Churro Cheesecake recipe in no time!
The smell of Churu Cheesecake as they cook is absolutely heaven. It will fill your home with the sweet aroma of cinnamon and sugar, it is guaranteed to run your family. But you have to let them cool before cutting them. I know, this is the hardest part of making these Churu Cheesecakes, but totally worth it! You are going to love how easy these Churu Cheesecakes are and everyone else likes how they taste!
What do you need for Mexican Churro Cheesecake
Simple, easy and decadent! What more do you want in a wonderful dessert. These Churu Cheesecakes are a great addition to any celebration!
- Crescent Dinner Rolls: I used Pillsbury Butter Crescent Flour in the dairy case.
- cream cheese: Full fat or low fat is fine, but I do not recommend using nonfat cream cheese.
- Vanilla: Smooth adds rich flavor.
- Egg: The egg acts as a binder and also helps the cream cheese to become light and fluffy.
- sugar: White granulated sugar.
- ground cinnamon: I like using Saigon cinnamon, it has a rich, dark flavor and aroma.
How to make Churu Cheesecake Bars with these easy steps
Churro cheesecakes take a few steps to layer the goodness but are still quick and easy to make. You will have a favorite Mexican dessert within 30 minutes!
- To present: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a hand mixer or a kitchen aid, whip together cream cheese, vanilla, partially bean eggs, and a cup of sugar until smooth.
- to link: Add the rest of the sugar () cup) and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Set it aside.
- to splash: Spray a 9 × 13 baking dish with cooking spray and sprinkle ¼ cup or half of your cinnamon sugar mixture evenly into the bottom of 9 × 13.
How to Lay Dough Crust for Churro Cheesecake Recipe
On a piece of parchment paper, roll your crescent dinner roll dough into a large 9 × 13 square and press the seam together so that the dough is completely sealed. Set the dough under your 9 × 13 baking dish over cinnamon and sugar. These churu cheesecakes are easy to make when using pre-made flour.
Adding cheesecake on top of the dough
Using a spatula or butter knife, spread the cheesecake evenly over your dough. It will be a thick layer in the middle that will taste divine with every bite! These Churu Cheesecakes are layered with goodness!
Churro cheesecake layering
Unscramble another can of crescent dough and place it on top when the cheesecake is full. It is best to ensure that the seam is fully sealed.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top
Top the dough with the remaining cup of cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips and variations for Churu Cheesecake
Using refrigerated crescent flour at the top and bottom, which gives it a classic Churu flavor and texture. You are going to love the creamy sweet filling inside these Churu Cheesecakes. They taste like Churu stuffed with cream cheese filling because essentially that is what they are.
- Room temperature: Keep your cream cheese and eggs at room temperature before blending. This will ensure that your filling is creamy and smooth.
- Seam: When you are rolling your crescent dough, you just want to roll the seam together, not the dough to roll super flat. You still want the fine crusted layer to be slightly protruding and light and airy.
- Cold: Make sure you allow your cheesecake to cool before cutting. This will help set the cheesecake and make it easier to cut and serve.
- Maple: If you want a touch of maple flavoring in your Churu Cheesecake, take out the vanilla for maple syrup.
- To Pitt: Drizzle on top of the cooled Churu Cheesecake Bar with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. It will taste amazing.
Your Churu Cheesecake Storage
These can be served when they are at room temperature when they have cooled slightly, or cooled from the fridge.
- The fridge: Due to the cream cheese filling you will need to store the leftovers in the fridge. They will keep for 3 days. After that, the bottom crust may get slightly disgusting.
- Frozen: You can freeze Churu Cheesecake. Wrap it tightly in a plastic wrap and then place it in foil in a freezer-safe bag. Keep for 3 months. Keep in the fridge overnight.
Add the remaining sugar () cup) and 2 tablespoons cinnamon. To cancel.
Spray a 9 × 13 baking dish with cooking spray and sprinkle the or cup (or half) of your cinnamon sugar mixture evenly to the bottom of the 9 × 13.
On a piece of parchment paper, roll your crescent dinner roll dough into a large 9 × 13 square and press the seam together so that the dough is completely sealed. Set the dough in your bottom 9 × 13 Baking Dish On top of cinnamon sugar.
Spread the cheesecake evenly over your dough and unscramble the other can of crescent dough and also make sure the seam is completely sealed at the top.
Sprinkle the top of the remaining cup of cinnamon with the sugar mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Calorie335. isKilo calories (17%)Carbohydrate34Yes (1 1%)Protein4Yes (8%)fat21Yes (32%)Saturated fat1 1Yes (55%)Cholesterol55Milligram (18%)Sodium422Milligram (18%)Potassium63Milligram (2%)Fiber1Yes (4%)sugar22Yes (24%)Vitamin aIs 526IU (1 1%)Calcium52Milligram (5%)iron1Milligram (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brand you use, measuring methods and portion sizes at home.