Famed Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan at age 37

Brennan, who had a public struggle with alcoholism, died in a hospital in California, his father Terry Brennan told The Associated Press.

Terry Brennan said of her son, “He spent many a time in the dark side of life, and it caught up with him.”

Brennan led the Warriors in their best season, leading 12–0 in the regular season.

In 2008, Georgia ended Hawaii’s hopes for an impeccable record, beating the Warriors 41–10 in the Sugar Bowl.

He ran to pay back a school and a coach who gave him a second chance, and he had no regrets.

“Hawaii has inspired me to do a lot of great things,” he told The Associated Press in 2007.

Brennan’s name remains prominent in Hawaii’s all-time record, including accounting for a school record 131 touchdowns from 2005 to 2007.

Brennan was drafted by Washington in the sixth round of the NFL Draft in 2008, but he never played a regular season game in two seasons.

He was arrested in November after beating a chair at the door of a housewife in his Big Island home. When he entered the room, he fell on the roommate, causing the two to fall to the floor. The Hawaii Tribune-Herald reported that Brennan was arrested for disorderly conduct.

This was the second arrest in the fourth month. In August, he was detained at the Kona Seaside Hotel for misdemeanor charges after he allegedly messed up and refused to leave.

In both incidents, police described Brennan as a drunk, the Big Island newspaper reported. This charge was later dismissed.

In December 2019, he was arrested under Oahu for driving under insurance and leaving the scene of an accident.

The newspaper reported that four years ago he was accused of filing an incorrect report that his car was stolen. That case was also later dismissed.

A year ago in 2013, he had pleaded with DUI not to do any competition to stop traffic on Oahu.

In 2010, he was a passenger in an SUV that was involved in a head-on crash. He suffered injuries to the head, rib and collarbone.

His father said that Brennan, who used a cane and wore a leg brace, had gone to California a few months earlier to rehab for his injuries, with blood clots in his legs.

Brennan was living at an addiction treatment center in Costa Mesa, California. His father said he took him to the hospital’s emergency room on Sunday because his son was drinking alcohol. “I could tell he was not well and needed help,” Terry Brennan said.

But the detox facility was complete, so Colt Brennan was released, without his family realizing it. When he was later taken to the hospital, he was unconscious, where he later died.

Terry Brennan said, “They left him on the street and either he called or he got Uber or something.” “And now this is what we’re dealing with.”

He was surrounded by family members when he died.

“His sisters made sure he had Bob Marley music,” Terry Brennan said of Reg, saying that his son had been in Hawaii since his time. “There was a lei around his chest.”

Hawaii was important to him. “He had all the respect in the world for Hawaii,” his father said. “This was his house.”

His family hopes that toxicology results and an autopsy – including tests on his brain to determine if repeated head trauma had caused degeneration – will respond to him.

His father said that the police are also investigating.


Associated Press journalist Mark Thiessen in Anchorage, Alaska contributed to this report.


Source link

What do you think?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



A tortellini en brodo recipe that packs a umami punch


Closing prices for crude oil, gold and other commodities