This Honey Lime Chicken is a perfectly grilled tender and juicy meat. Marinated in a Honey Lime Sealantro marinade, the taste of this chicken is incredible!
Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
Honey + Lime + Cilantro = One of my favorite flavor combinations. Something about sweet honey and peppery lime as well as sitaphal fills this chicken with such a wonderful taste. I love coriander! It is one of my favorite herbs to cook and decorate. This summer, grill it with your family! you will not regret it!
This pickle comes together quickly and I like to make pickles for a few hours so that the chicken can soak up the delicious taste. I have been serious about quick and easy BBQ recipes lately. Since the weeks started getting so busy and school was almost over, this chicken was a delicious meal that my whole family loved. After a busy day, we like to spend time in the backyard while doing BBQ. I always call a meal a success when the whole family, including the pickle eater, eats it. We all loved this chicken and it tastes great!
Ingredients for Honey Lime Sealantro Chicken
There are just a handful of ingredients that you need to make a dish that literally burns! This honey lime chicken has all the flavors! Scroll down for recipe cards for all ingredients quantities.
- Weak skinless chicken breasts, or thighs: I have used both with great success
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed is best.
- Honey: Sweet honey compliments lime beautifully.
- I am willow: Adds a slight umami flavor that is impeccable.
- Olive Oil: To cook the chicken well and give it a little taste.
- Garlic cloves: Minced
- Coriander finely chopped: Adds so much freshness and color.
- Salt and chili: Add as per taste.
Let’s grill some chicken!
From start to finish, this is a flavored chicken that the whole family will love! Grilled chicken is our favorite at home and this recipe is very quick and easy to make!
- Pickle: In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, sitaphal, salt and pepper.
- Let it all get wet: Pour the sauce over the chicken and let it marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill: Preheat your grill on medium-high heat. Grill each side of the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until fully cooked and pink.
Tips for the best chicken with Honey Lime Cilantro Marinade
You will love this easy dynamite grilled chicken! A perfect combination of honey and lemon together! Then close it with Silentro and you have a dynamic pair. With these quick tips you will grill the perfect chicken every time.
- Hen: It all starts with chicken. For grilling, I highly recommend using chicken thighs with a bon-in, if you can. They will be the most juicy. If you use chicken breasts, pound them so that they are of equal thickness. They will cook more evenly.
- Marinate: Lime and soy sauce will act like acid breaking down the chicken’s fibers and helping them absorb flavor and moisture. This will not only help the chicken to taste amazing but will also help to keep it tender and moist.
- Spicy: If you need a little more spice, you can add some jalapeno juice or sliced jalapeno pepper.
- Internal Temp: Chicken’s internal temperature should reach 160 degrees for safety. Check my other suggestions for how to cook it, but not too much.
- Let it rest: Tent the chicken for 5–10 minutes to redistribute the juice throughout the meat. This makes the juice inside the chicken more and less in the plate.
- Drizzling: Protect रखें cup marinade before pouring the chicken to marinate. When the chicken is grilled, pour additional marinade over it. Do not use pickles while sitting in raw chicken.
The freshness from lemon and sitaphal makes a light zippy dish, perfect for busy weekends or lazy weekends. The chicken is flavored and tender and juicy. It is perfect as a stand-alone main dish or cut and serve on top of one salad. You can also use this Honey Lime Sitaphal Chicken in tacos, rice bowls, or even make a sandwich that will definitely make you happy. However, you serve it here. There are some sides to compliment your dish.
Chicken Grill Tips
Grilling can sound intimidating, especially with chicken, but there are some things to keep in mind and be right every time. Take your grilled chicken to the next level with these tips to help you this summer!
- Preparation: Grill preparation is as important as marinade. Clean and grease the grill before adding the chicken. To remove dirt from the last grill, I first clean the grill with a grill brush. Then, using tongs, lubricate the grill by turning the paper towel into a nice square, and dipping it in a high smoke oil.
- Hen: If you want an even better chance of getting juicy, moist chicken, choose chicken on the skin as well as the bone.
- First Sear: Heat the grill on one side and the other side on a medium-high heat. First, roast the chicken on the high heat side of the grill. Leave it on high flame until four marks are formed.
- Then low and slow: Once you have that nice burnt grill line, turn the chicken on low heat. To reduce drying, keep the grill closed and grill up to the desired internal temperature. The total cooking time will be around 25–30 minutes.
- When to remove it: When the chicken is removed from the grill and rested, it will continue to cook inside. You can safely unload your chicken when the internal temperature reaches anywhere between 155–157. As it relaxes it will reach 160 degrees internally.
In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, sitaphal, salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and let it marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
Preheat your grill on medium high heat. Grill each side of the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until fully cooked and pink.
Originally posted on 12 May 2016
Calorie314Kilo calories (16%)Carbohydrate25Yes (8%)Protein35Yes (60%)fat9Yes (14%)Saturated fat2Yes (10%)Cholesterol95Milligram (32%)Sodium605Milligram (25%)Potassium812Milligram (16%)Fiber1Yes (4%)sugar23Yes (26%)Vitamin a90IU (2%)vitamin C4Milligram (5%)Calcium1 1Milligram (1%)iron1Milligram (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measuring, and portion size per household.