Grilled skirt steak is juicy, full of bold flavor and absolutely delicious. Grilling skirt steak brings out the best of this long skinny steak that you’re going to love.
Summer just seems like a great time to eat steak, whether it’s grilled, air-fried, or skillet-seared. Try these incredible steak recipes that have top reviews, Garlic Herb Butter, London controversy, and piece of meat!
Skirt Steak Recipe
Mouthwatering, tender steak fresh off the grill is an absolute treat! Summer is finally here and that means it’s grilling time. I love being able to grill, it keeps the heat out of my kitchen and house and gets the whole family out. This grilled skirt steak is perfect for a big backyard BBQ with friends or family. It makes a lot and tastes like dynamite. You are going to love the taste!
This Skirt Steak Starts With Perfectly Balanced marinade, specially made for this cut of meat. my . similar to Best Steak Marinade Your meat has the right balance of acids, oils, and spices to add tenderness, flavor, and moisture. Then after it’s marinade you’re going to grill this beautiful piece of meat for four more servings that will please your tastebuds! Seriously, your whole family is going to love this Grilled Skirt Steak!
What You’ll Need for the Ultimate Skirt Steak
Marinade is made from ingredients that you can easily find at home or store. It’s just the right mix of seasonings to make the most tender and juicy skirt steak. You’ll find the full list of ingredients and measurements listed below in the recipe card.
- Meat pieces: This recipe is for about 2 pounds of steak.
- i am willow: Umami adds flavor which is so good.
- Lemon juice: Provides acid that helps tenderize meat.
- Olive OilHelps carry moisture and flavor to steak.
- Worcestershire sauce: One of my all-time favorite flavors for steak.
- minced garlicFresh garlic will provide the most flavor.
- Italian seasoning: The perfect combination of spices and herbs that you will love in this pickle.
- black pepper and salt: Adds flavor and helps carry the flavor to the meat.
- a pinch of red chili:Adds a little heat.
how to prepare skirt steak
Two easy steps to help you make the best grilled skirt steak! First marinade you’re steak for at least 2 hours then just grill it. Your family will be delighted with this perfect skirt steak dinner.
- Pickle: Toss skirt steak, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large ziplock bag. Let marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill: Preheat your grill on high heat. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 on medium.
all about skirt steak
If you’re not familiar with skirt steak, here’s everything you need to know. It’s a tasteful cut to serve and perfect for marinating.
- What is Skirt Steak? It is one of the tastiest cuts of meat, but also one of the toughest and must be cooked carefully. Skirt steak has the most muscle of all cuts, which gives it its distinctive look and flavor, but it can also be easily cooked. Rare to medium-rare skirt steak is best served for the best flavor and tenderness.
- What to buy: Skirt steak has two cuts, the inside and the outside. You want to buy the outer cut if you can. It will be longer, more narrow and very tender. The inside cut is thinner and a little higher on the chewier side. Both will work perfectly for this recipe and give heavenly results.
- Perfect for Marinating: Because marinating meat only penetrates just below the surface of the meat, the thinner the cut, the better. Skirt steak is a perfect cut of meat to marinate because it is so thin and so long. More surface area to retain that exquisite flavor and allow the marinade to tenderize the meat more.
- What If I Can’t Find Skirt Steak: There are only two skirt steaks on a beef cow, which means it is a more rare cut of meat. Will often end up in a restaurant outside, which means even less in stores, so yes sometimes you won’t be able to find one. You can use a flank, flat iron or flap steak instead.
Tips for Perfectly Marinated and Grilled Skirt Steak
This is a quick-cooking cut of meat, even if it is large enough that it won’t take long. In just a few minutes on each side of the meat you’ll find the outside crisp and tender, juicy with char marks. The Best Grilled Skirt Steak Starts Here!
- Pickle: When marinating a steak, you want to marinate it for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 24 hours. If you over-marinate the steak, you run the risk of breaking down the fibers, creating a mushy tough flavorless meat. I suggest flipping the steak halfway through the marinating time.
- Discard Marinade: For safety reasons, discard all marinades before grilling. Do not use it when cooking steak. If you want to do this, make a new batch to avoid contamination and potential illness.
- Grilling: Skirt steak shouldn’t overcook. It will become hard and chewy on over-cooking. Grill over high heat for 3-5 minutes and cook over medium-rare. It will be difficult. The steak will continue to cook for a few minutes after you remove it from the grill, so keep that in mind.
- Let it rest: As with all meat, let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting to allow the juices to redistribute into the meat.
- Cut Against the Grain: For the most tender and juicy bite of meat, be sure to cut against the grain. This means slicing it in the opposite direction the fiber is running.
This grilled skirt steak is great on its own or you can slice it for other dishes. it will go in fajitas, stir fry, on top of a salad, or even a cheese steak Sandwich. You want a great side dish to go with it when serving it at BBQ. Sometimes the right side dish can elevate a meal from good to wonderful. Try these side dishes to go with it.
Toss skirt steak, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes in a large ziplock bag. Let marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
calories419kcal (21%)Carbohydrate6g (2%)protein34g (68%)fat29g (45%)Saturated fat7g (35%)polyunsaturated fat3gmonounsaturated fat18gtrans fat1gcholesterol95mg (32%)sodium1127mg (47%)potassium610mg (17%)fiber1g (4%)sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A52IU (1%)vitamin C8mg (10%)calcium58mg (6%)iron4mg (22%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. The nutritional value and nutritional value of each recipe will vary based on the brands you use, the measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.