This quick, one-pot ground turkey skillet with zucchini, corn, tomatoes and black beans is great for weeknights. dinner Or meal prep!
ground turkey skillet
I just love an easy weeknight recipe that you can whip up in a skillet. This dish has all the flavors of summer with fresh zucchini, corn, and tomatoes. It’s a complete meal in one – although you can serve it with cereal if you prefer. This ground turkey skillet is my . inspired by Santa Fe Stuffed Zucchini But simplified and cooked in less than 20 minutes. These Are One of My Favorite Skillet Recipes to Try Beef Picadillo Recipe and this Cheesy Rotisserie Chicken Enchilada Skillet.
How to Make Ground Turkey Skillet
This healthy ground turkey skillet cooks up really fast. First brown the turkey and add salt and cumin to it. After about five minutes, push the meat aside, add the onion and tomato paste and cook for a minute more.
Next add black beans, corn, tomato, jalapeo, corn and cup water. Then add the zucchini and the remaining salt and cumin. Cover the pan and cook on low flame for four to five minutes.
how to prepare food
This easy turkey skillet is perfect for dinner meal preparation. Leftovers reheat well, and they should keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Simply store in individual containers and microwave until hot.
- Switch ground turkey for ground chicken or sirloin.
- Swap zucchini for yellow squash.
- Use canned tomatoes if you don’t have fresh or sub in cherry tomatoes.
- To make this skillet low-carb, omit the black beans and corn and replace with spinach and paprika.
- To make this pan spicy, place the ribs and seeds in the jalapeo. You can also have it with hot chutney before eating.
- Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Serve with avocado on top.
- If you want to make this meal bigger, serve it with brown rice or quinoa. For a low-carb option, use cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
More Ground Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
Ground Turkey Skillet with Zucchini, Corn, Black Beans and Tomatoes
This quick, one-pot ground turkey skillet with zucchini, corn, tomatoes, and black beans is great for weeknight dinners or meal prep!
- 14 ounce 2 medium or 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced 3/4 inch
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, washed and dried
- 3/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 vast chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, pieces
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 spoon chopped coriander, to decorate more
- 1 1/4 small spoon cumin
- 1 1/4 small spoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- lemon slices, optional
Spray a large skillet over high heat with oil and brown the turkey, season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cumin.
Break up the meat and cook until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Push meat aside, add onion and tomato paste, and cook 1 minute.
Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeo pepper and corn and stir with 1/4 cup water.
Add remaining zucchini to 1/4 tsp salt and cumin.
Mix and cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
Serve with lime wedges and more cilantro, if desired.
Serving: 11/2 cup, Calories: 266kcal, Carbohydrates: 22.5g, Protein: 28g, fat: 8.5g, Saturated fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Sodium: 525mg, Fiber: 6.5g, sugar: 4g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Points: 4
Keywords: ground turkey recipe, ground turkey skillet, one pot ground turkey recipe, one pot recipe