Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish! This is a delicious macaroni pasta salad with ham, pineapple, shredded carrots, and green onions, and a tangy dressing.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe
Isn’t it crazy to think that summer is halfway through! This is kind of a sad thought! I have been loving the sun and all the fun activities that come with summer. Especially BBQ and potlucks! I always love a good pasta salad when you go to the potluck. And this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is truly incredible and unique! The ingredients are simple but come together so well. Ham and pineapple give this salad a Hawaiian feel and add such a delicious flavor. This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad doesn’t need to add much to it because the ham and pineapple are the stars of the show.
But let’s talk about the one wonderful thing that sets this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad apart from others. Sweet and tangy Pineapple Dressing. It’s awesome and makes salads taste so great. It will set your macaroni salad apart from everything else and it will definitely be a huge hit! Serve it up at your next dinner and watch it all be taken to heaven! Try it today!
What You’ll Need for Hawaii Macaroni Salad
Full of flavor, this is a refreshing Hawaiian Macaroni Salad! For all ingredient measurements, follow the recipe card below.
- dry elbow macaroni: Prepared according to package directions and washed in cold water
- diced pineapples: 20 oz, drained (reserve cup liquid for dressing)
- the thigh: grated and cooked
- carrotShredded: Use the finest holes of a cheese grater.
- green onions: finely chopped.
A flavorful and flavorful dressing that will help add flavor and creaminess to Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. You will love this combination!
- pineapple juice reserveYou can also use pineapple juice from a carton or bottle if needed.
- light mayonnaiseIf you want, you can use full fat.
- greek yogurtBe sure to use plain Greek yogurt and it can be low or nonfat.
- Apple vinegar: Adds a bit of tartness and pungency which pairs well with sweets.
- sugar: This removes the vinegary edge of the apple and adds a touch of sweetness.
- salt and pepper: add to taste
Hawaiian Salad Recipe
This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for any potluck or BBQ! It’s a family favorite and always a classic, must-have pasta salad at any time.
- to link: In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, pineapple chunks, ham, carrots and spring onions in a bowl. To cancel.
- Mix: Whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, cider vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Pour over pasta and stir to coat. Enjoy it!
Tips and Variations for Macaroni Salad
Sweet pineapple is the perfect match for salty salted ham, your whole family is going to love it! Follow these tips and variations to make the best Hawaiian Macaroni Salad!
- Noodles: Be sure to cook your noodles al dente, this keeps the noodles firm enough to hold up to the ingredients, but soft enough to love.
- Rinse: Be sure to rinse the noodles in cold water during cooking to prevent them from cooking any longer. If you don’t they will get mushy.
- Types of Noodles: Don’t worry if you don’t have elbow macaroni, this salad can be made successfully with a variety of noodles. Try shells, rotini or even bowtie pasta. However, I would not recommend spaghetti or long thin noodles for this salad.
- the thigh: If you are really in a hurry you can buy already cubed ham at the store. However, it is cheaper to buy a smaller ham and cut it yourself. You can then use the leftovers to mix in your eggs for breakfast or for making Ham Fried Rice.
- Pineapple: I like to cut my pieces in half to make them a little smaller and easier to eat. If you can find unripe pineapples, they are smaller than chunks.
- Add Ins: You can add more flavor and texture by adding bacon, celery, peas, or peppers to it.
- Refrigerate: I like to make this at least 2 hours in advance and let the flavors meld together. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and will be fine with time!
It may not be super authentic, most Hawaiian macaroni salads won’t contain ham or pineapple, but it’s still insanely delicious. It is a wonderful addition to any meal. You can also serve as a main dish salad, as it contains ham. You can pair it with a side of watermelon, a nice rice Anything else Rolls For a light lunch. Whatever you do, make this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, you and your loved ones will be so glad you did!
In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, pineapple chunks, ham, carrots and spring onions in a bowl. To cancel.
Whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, cider vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. Pour over pasta and stir to coat. Enjoy it!
Originally posted on July 16, 2015
calories340kcal (17%)Carbohydrate49g (16%)protein17g (34%)fat9g (14%)Saturated fat3g (15%)cholesterol29mg (10%)sodium569mg (24%)potassium418mg (12%)fiber3g (12%)sugar19g (21%)Vitamin A1871IU (37%)vitamin C12mg (15%)calcium45mg (5%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. The nutritional value and nutritional value of each recipe will vary based on the brands you use, the measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.