Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are buttery, ziti, and will be perfect at your next family get-together! They are so easy to make and pack delicious flavor in every juicy bite!
Easy Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
Now that summer has arrived and family celebrations are starting again, it’s time to impress your guests with these delicious Lemon Pepper Wings that rival anything you can find from any restaurant. can give! You will never want to order takeout again! These wings have the most wonderful tangy, buttery glaze and crisp skin that my family can’t get enough of. You only need a few simple ingredients, and they are very easy to make. Whether it’s for game day, for a cookout, or just for an easy dinner, these wings are sure to be a winner!
Oven-cooking these Lemon Pepper Wings produces the best golden brown, tender wings. Plus, you use up half the oil you cook in the fryer! Not to mention avoid the mess and hassle that comes with cooking wings in oil. As long as they’re in the oven, you can make some my . can whip homemade farm For a totally intriguing match made in heaven!
Lemon Paper Wings Ingredients
All you need are a few fresh, delicious ingredients to make Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings!
- chicken wings: It is easiest to buy wings that are already separated into flats and drumettes. Be sure to pat your chicken thoroughly with paper towels before cooking or else they’ll get soggy instead of crunchy!
- baking powderThis is the secret ingredient to getting that perfect crispy skin while cooking the wings instead of frying them. Be sure to thoroughly coat each piece in powder. Also, make sure you are using baking powder and not baking soda or it will ruin your batch.
- Lemon Chili Sauce: Making fresh lemon chili sauce is the key to perfect, fiery wings. You can see what you need to put the sauce together below.
- butter: Adding butter to your sauce makes your wings rich and delicious.
What do you need for your sauce
Making your own Lemon Pepper Sauce is very easy but it will taste like you got it from a restaurant!
- lemon chili seasoning: Making homemade lemon pepper seasoning adds a savory touch to your wings. Plus, you can customize your own mix to taste!
- Lemon juice: You can use freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice.
- honey: It gives the wings just the right amount of sweetness and perfect texture.
make your wings
While these take longer to cook, they are hands-off once in the oven and all you have to do is turn them halfway through. You can also use that time to whip up some of my amazing air fryer french fries As a quick and delicious side!
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Put the wings in a medium-sized bowl or ziplock bag and toss with the baking powder.
- Bake: Place the wings in an even layer on the baking sheet. Flip once and bake for 45-50 minutes till crispy.
- To make Lemon Chili Chutney: In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon pepper seasoning, lemon juice and honey. Pour over cooked wings and toss to coat.
Tips for Perfecting Your Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Following these simple tips will help you make the most amazing wings at home!
- Baking Rack: Use a baking rack while cooking to ensure that the heat circulates properly and crisps up your wings all around.
- Frozen Wings: Never use frozen chicken wings—you’ll end up with a burnt outer crust and an undercooked inside. Always thaw wings before cooking.
- Space Wings Out: When placing the wings on your baking sheet, make sure they are not too close together otherwise you will not have proper air flow to cook them thoroughly.
My personal favorite is to serve the wings fresh to complete the meal. air fryer fries or potato wedges! You can also serve your wings with vegetables like carrots or celery. This is a great contrast to the zesty flavor of the wings. You can also keep it simple and have some homemade farm or blue cheese dressing Ready to Dip!
Storing and Reheating Your Lemon Paper Wings
Your wings will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To keep them crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, I recommend reheating your wings in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. If you feel that your wings are drying out, you can sprinkle water on them before cooking. You can even reheat your wings in a frying pan or in the microwave or air fryer for a quick snack for kids!
To make Lemon Chili Chutney:
Combine butter, lemon pepper, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Pour over cooked wings and toss to coat.
calories530kcal (27%)Carbohydrate9g (3%)protein30g (60%)fat42g (65%)Saturated fat17g (85%)polyunsaturated fat6gmonounsaturated fat14gtrans fat1gcholesterol166mg (55%)sodium259mg (1 1%)potassium701mg (20%)fiber1g (4%)sugar6g (7%)Vitamin A727IU (15%)vitamin C2mg (2%)calcium209mg (21%)iron2mg (1 1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. The nutritional value and nutritional value of each recipe will vary based on the brands you use, the measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.