This week, we announced Eater New Guard’s 2021 class, A group of future leaders who are bringing positive changes in the world of food. The people on the list – cooks, restaurants, activists and farmers – are working towards building a better future, focused on serving their communities and supporting others.
Last spring when the epidemic hit and we gave our decade-long Young Guns program a break, it gave us a chance to think about how we would refresh the series in 2021 and what kind of leaders we were exposed to in an epidemic world Want to We decided to expand the mission to include up-and-comers who do not necessarily work in restaurants but care deeply about food and their communities.
The resulting list is as interesting as individuals because they are inspiring. I highly recommend that you dive into the introduction and complete list of editor Hilary Dikler Canavan’s crew.
– XI Madison Park Most will be vegetarian When it rejoins next month, it connects. A new wave of vegetarian restaurants In New York, Guevara’s pandemic opening, including Auntie et Uncles, Fat Choy, and Xilonen and the reopening of the neo-vegetarian wine bar Ruffian.
– High-end Seattle restaurant Canlis announced it First female head in 70 years.
– The first big food festival in Miami is back (where else?). How Wine and Food Fest This will change for the epidemic era.
– Michelin Announced its stars for new york.
– Modern Juke Joint Leah & Lewis Restaurants are Greg and Sabrina Collier Organized a black food and wine festival October 24 to 22 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
– Illinois is involved in consideration in New York and California Banning third-party applications from partnering with restaurants Without their consent.
– A ‘of Las Vegas The Most Famous Fonds Will Reopen On May 20, after a multi-million dollar overhaul.
– Miami’s Casa Tua will replace Daniel Bauld has recently closed Cafe Bowl, a 20-year-old restaurant in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Inaugaration: Dupahin, The highly anticipated New Orleans-inspired restaurant, and Little Food Studio, A bakery and takeout spot in DC with some standout sausage rolls; FlatironA much delayed new restaurant in Nashville; Oasis, A 35,000-square-foot food hall in Miami with an indoor / outdoor cocktail lounge and stage for live performances; Brasserie, A French, er, brasserie (which means a lot to Chemo McNally), in Boston; And Saint breadAn exciting new bakery in Seattle.
– Looking back ten years on n / naka And its impact on the Los Angeles food scene.
– Food scene of pasadena Probably the most exciting thing happening right now in La-Kshetra food.
– How to navigate a Epidemic-era Disney World Already.
– to bake: it looks delicious PB & J-Inspired Crumb Cake.