Strawberry Icebox Cake is the cold, creamy and moist no-bake dessert of your dreams. Add a pop of juicy strawberries and you’ll never want to make a cake the other way around!
Easy Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
I’m a sucker for cold cakes in the summer. three milksIce Cream Cake, You Name It! This Strawberry Icebox Cake, however, takes the cake. Really. It’s so rich and decadent, but also cool and refreshing for hot summer days. Add a touch of ripe, juicy strawberries and you have the ultimate summer dessert on your hands.
Icebox Cakes first originated in the 1930s to advertise the production of Iceboxes. This recipe has now become an irresistible treat that includes a layer-by-layer layer of graham crackers and light, fluffy cream. This Strawberry Icebox Cake is great for a crowd because it’s ready in minutes and you can make it in bulk! I know you will love this quick and delicious recipe as much as I do!
No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake Ingredients
Gone are the days when you had to worry whether your cake would be moist or not. These super simple ingredients ensure a totally soft, indulgent treatment every time. All of the ingredients and measurements for this Strawberry Icebox Cake are listed below in the recipe card.
- heavy cream: You will need this for your whipped cream base.
- powdered sugar: For sweetness and smooth texture.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Powder: Adds flavor and gives your cream a light, mousse-like texture.
- vanilla extract: to taste. Pure vanilla extract works best.
- Strawberries: fresh, chopped.
- Graham Cracker: Adds texture and flavor.
Traditional Icebox Cake With Strawberries
Strawberry Icebox Cake is super easy to put together, and an activity the whole family can get involved in! My kids love to help add layers and watch the cake come to life.
- Make the Cream Filling: Using mixer with whisk attachment, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, pudding powder, and vanilla extract together on high until you have stiff peaks.
- Layer Cream, Graham Crackers, and Strawberries: In the bottom of a 9×13 pan, spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom. Add a layer of graham crackers followed by about cup of strawberries, enough to have an even layer. Top with of the remaining whipped cream.
- Repeat: Add layers twice more—graham crackers, whipped cream, and strawberries. You can add additional chopped strawberries as desired on top to give it the look you like.
- chill: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Best Icebox Cake Tips
Upgrade and customize your icebox cake with these easy tips! Add strawberries for great flavor and a summer dessert! This Strawberry Icebox Cake will impress and feed a crowd.
- Let your cake rest: Let your cake rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours so that the cookie layers can absorb the moisture and soften.
- Making Your Cream Base: Whipped cream and any whisk or mixer attachments must be chilled before use. This helps in thickening your whipped cream properly.
- Strawberries: Ripe strawberries will be bright red all around without any hint of white or green; this could mean the fruit is not yet ripe. Strawberries don’t continue to ripen even after picking, so what you see is what you get.
- Adding Other Fruits: You can add other layers of fruit to your icebox cake such as bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or even lemon curd For the amazing variety!
- Adding Chocolate: Add cocoa powder to your whipped cream mixture for a delicious chocolate variation.
- Cookies: You can swap out the graham crackers for layers of Oreos or wafers.
Storing Your Old Fashioned Icebox Cake
- in the refrigerator: Your icebox cake covered with plastic wrap will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- In the freezer: Your icebox cake will keep up to a month in the freezer when covered with aluminum foil. Keep in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
at the bottom of A 9×13 panSpread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom. Add a layer of graham crackers followed by about cup of strawberries, enough to have an even layer. Top with of the remaining whipped cream.
Repeat layers twice—graham crackers, whipped cream, and strawberries. You can add additional sliced strawberries on top as desired to make it look as you like.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight. Serve cold.
calories200kcal (10%)Carbohydrate10g (3%)protein1g (2%)fat18g (28%)Saturated fat1 1g (55%)polyunsaturated fat1gmonounsaturated fat5gcholesterol65mg (22%)sodium145mg (6%)potassium106mg (3%)fiber1g (4%)sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A705IU (14%)vitamin C27mg (33%)calcium38mg (4%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. The nutritional value and nutritional value of each recipe will vary based on the brands you use, the measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.