Show off fresh tomatoes with this light and refreshing Tomato Basil Salad! It’s tossed with aromatic herbs, olive oil, and vinegar for a fresh, bright flavor that’s hard to resist!
The taste of tomatoes can be easily enhanced simplest of material! whether they are grilled with a vinaigrette, served with mozzarella, Or Roasted with Garlic and ParmesanI know you’ll love how they turn out!
Fresh Tomato Basil Salad Recipe
Sometimes I feel like my body needs a break from a heavy salad. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love a good Caesar salad Like the next guy—but sometimes I just want the wonderful natural flavors of vegetables to be in the spotlight! That’s why, my friends, I am here to show you the most amazing salad recipes ever made on my blog. Don’t let the lack of diversity scare you! The simple pairing of sliced tomatoes and a delicious vinaigrette is absolutely mouthwatering. Even if you are not a huge tomato lover, I would definitely recommend you to give this a try. The mild flavor of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and cracked salt and pepper make each bite a dream. You’ll love the taste!
This is the perfect salad to throw together in a pinch. If you have tomatoes, chances are you have the rest of the ingredients to make it! Despite being so easy to make, it tastes big, delicious! Besides eating it as it is, you can also pour it over crostini And bruschetta! It’s so versatile. It is also loaded with countless nutritional benefits. Fresh tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, potassium and vitamins. Then you get your healthy fats from olive oil! Vinaigrette is also low in calories so this is one salad that tastes good but also makes you feel good! The picky eaters in my family have also liked it which is saying something. It always gets eaten. I believe it will have the same result at your home! let’s get started!
Everything you need for this salad
Tomato Basil Salad is honestly one of my favorite salads. I love how the natural flavor of tomatoes shines through. Again, the mild flavor of olive oil combined with zippy balsamic vinegar is a perfect addition! Each bite is very juicy and delicious. My tip here would be to make sure you have the freshest tomatoes possible! This will help him perform at his best. As always, all measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Roma Tomato: I like to use large Roma tomatoes, sliced into bite-size pieces. I like to use the Roma variety for their fresh and tangy flavor.
- BasilFresh basil will give you the best taste. I like to cut it into thin strips! It’s going to give your salad a slightly minty, peppery, aromatic finish. You’ll love it!
- flaky salt: I like to use flaky salt to sprinkle on top. This helps to enhance the overall flavor and also gives it a little texture! The salt also helps to extract the juices from the vegetables to make your tomatoes tender.
- ground black pepper: Adding a little freshly ground black pepper can make a big difference in the overall flavor of your salad! It’s utterly hot, fragrant and will make each bite a treat.
- extra pure olive oilThis type of olive oil is full of antioxidants and has a richer flavor than normal olive oil. What helps add moisture and flavor to salads is fantastic!
- greasy vinegarBalsamic vinegar: Balsamic vinegar adds the perfect flavor to your tomato basil salad.
How to Make the Best Tomato Basil Salad
This recipe is as basic as it gets. It requires almost no effort and adds more time to your day! In less than 10 minutes, you have a delicious salad that’s ready to eat!
- Toss Tomatoes with Vinaigrette: Let’s make some delicious salad! To start, whisk together tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl. Try small amounts and add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- let the salad rest: Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes to marinate together.
- Serving: To finish, serve over crostini, pasta, chicken, lettuce or pita chips.
Tips To Make The Best Tomato Basil Salad
Tomato Basil Salad is actually one of the most refreshing salads to make. And it can be used in many ways! It’s bright, delicious and incredibly easy! Wherever it is served, it is sure to be a hit.
- Fresh Tomatoes: This recipe shines when you have wonderfully ripe tomatoes. If you can get them, I recommend using fresh Roma tomatoes from the garden or farmers market. Heirloom variety tomatoes are also a great choice.
- Finely Chopped Basil: For this recipe I like to roll the basil leaves long and use a very sharp knife to cut thin ribbons. It is also known as chiffonade. Using a very sharp knife will keep the basil from bruising and keep it nice and green.
- Use high quality oil: Using high-quality extra virgin olive oil will give your salad a more bold, fruity olive oil flavor that just sings along with tomatoes and basil.
- let it sit: Letting your salad sit for a while before serving makes it nice and juicy. The salt draws the moisture out of the tomatoes and helps to mix everything together. After enjoying your salad with your chosen dish, try dipping some crusty bread in the leftover juices. This may be my favorite part of this recipe!
This salad has so many classic Italian flavors, so it tastes great with pasta! You can make it a complete meal by serving your salads with it. breadsticks And Soup, protein of your choice, pasta, and then either bruschetta or crostini. You can mix your Tomato Basil Salad in Bruschetta for a mouthwatering combination of juicy tomatoes and crispy bread!
Storing Your Tomato Basil Salad
Since this recipe uses fresh ingredients, the shelf life is quite short. If you somehow don’t eat the entire recipe when serving it, then go ahead and refrigerate it for up to two days.
- in the refrigerator: Store leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can make this up to 1 day in advance, but if you do, you should keep it up to 24 hours after serving.
Whisk together tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl. Taste in small amounts and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes to marinate together.
Serve over crostini, pasta, chicken, lettuce or pita chips.
calories154kcal (8%)Carbohydrate7Yes (2%)protein1Yes (2%)Fat14Yes (22%)Saturated fat2Yes (10%)polyunsaturated fat2Yesmonounsaturated fat10Yessodium9mgpotassium376mg (1 1%)fiber2Yes (8%)Sugar4Yes (4%)Vitamin A1397IU (28%)vitamin C22mg (27%)calcium20mg (2%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. The nutritional value and nutritional value of each recipe will vary based on the brands you use, the measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.